Please answer all of the questions below to be considered as a volunteer in one of our youth sports programs. After completing the information below, you can complete your background check online. The link for that will appear after you complete your information below.
Guidelines for Volunteers
Your interest and concern for children have motivated you to volunteer in this program. Thank you. This is a valuable, challenging and rewarding role.
To make your experience as a volunteer a beneficial one for the participants and for you, please follow these guidelines as you help in this program.
- Your main concern while engaged in program activities should be the safety and teaching of all participants.
- You must not give medication to participants.
- You should supervise all participants.
- You should set a good example for participants by your mannerism, appearance, and behavior. You should promote the sport, the betterment of the game, and create the best environment for the children.
- I will never inappropriately or forcefully physically contact any of the athletes, coaches or officials (i.e. hitting, sexually, etc.).
- You must complete an application form before volunteering in this program.
Security Background Information
Participant, parent and volunteer safety are a priority for the City of Lauderhill; therefore, the following questions must be answered truthfully. Your omission of any criminal history pertinent to the three numbered questions below will result in the immediate termination of your involvement with children until further notice.
By electronically signing this document, I certify I have read and fully understand both the Guidelines for Volunteers and the Security Background information sections. I further state that all information is true and accurate.
By electronically signing this document, I certify that I understand that the City of Lauderhill reserves the right to check the criminal background of volunteers and I give my permission to conduct any investigation necessary to verify all information identified on this form.
By electronically signing this document, I further acknowledge that my child/children/ward will also be removed from the program should I be suspended, expelled, or removed from the program at the city’s discretion.
I understand that my involvement with the City of Lauderhill Program(s) may be terminated with or without cause at the discretion of the City of Lauderhill at any time. By electronically signing this document, I certify that I know, understand and agree that any false statement or omission of information requested will result in the immediate termination of my involvement with children in the City of Lauderhill Program(s).
As a volunteer, I agree to abide by the policies of the City of Lauderhill.
Code of Ethics
All Participants, coaches, and spectators will be bound by the following Code of Ethics while participating in the City of Lauderhill sanctioned events.
- I will never place the value of winning before the safety and welfare of all participants in athletic events or practices.
- I will always show respect for athletes, coaches, and officials.
- I will lead by example, demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship at all times.
- I will demonstrate knowledge of the rules of the game/event, and teach these rules to my athletes.
- I will never use abusive or insulting language, electronically or in person. I will treat everyone with dignity.
- I will not tolerate inappropriate behavior, regardless of the situation.
- I will not allow the use of anabolic agents or stimulants, drugs, tobacco, or alcohol by any of my athletes.
- I will never knowingly jeopardize the eligibility and participation of a student-athlete.
- Youth have a great need for leadership by example. I will be a role model for good behavior.
- I will at all times conduct myself in a positive manner.
- Coaching is motivating athletes to produce the best effort, inspiring athletes to learn, and encouraging athletes to be winners.
- Coach’s actions on sidelines during game/event shall be in spirit of “good sportsmanship” at all times. Profanity, profane gestures, arguing, inciting disruptive behavior by spectators and/or athletes, or any conduct not in spirit good sportsmanship, shall require disciplinary action from the affiliate.
- Alcohol, illegal drugs and unauthorized prescription drugs shall not be possessed, consumed or distributed before, during or after athletics events, practices or any other time at the field and/or competition site.
- The rules contained in this Code of Ethics also applies to all electronic communications.