Become a Youth Council Member
Make a difference in your community! Become a member of the City of Lauderhill’s Youth Council!
- When: Lauderhill Youth Council meetings are every 2nd Thursday. Meetings start at 6:30pm. Refreshments are served.
- Where: Sadkin Community Center, 1176 NW 42nd Way, Lauderhill, FL 33313.
- Cost: FREE to members; members are appointed by the Lauderhill City Commission.
NON-RESIDENT students in 6th-12th grades are cordially encouraged to attend **FREE** ‘Youth Leadership Training’ at the Sadkin Community Center every Thursday night at 6:30pm. Call Sam Monroe, IGNITE Empowerment, at 954-254-3953 or Daphne Dyer at 954-321-2454.
What’s in it for you?
- Assist in local decision making.
- Learn “real-world” experiences with elected officials.
- Learn the roles of councils, boards and committees.
What’s in it for us?
- Learn the needs of our community’s youth.
- Mentoring future Lauderhill community leaders.
- Increased volunteerism for the nation as a whole.
Program Information & Requirements
- Applicants must be Lauderhill Residents and submit the following along with the Board Appointment Application.
- Proof of school attendance (School ID, Homeschool Enrollment Letter, Etc.)
- Most recent report card or Pinnacle print out
- Completed Parent Permission and Medical Waiver form