Become a Youth Council Member
Make a difference in your community! Become a member of the City of Lauderhill’s Youth Council!
- When: Lauderhill Youth Council Board meetings are every 2nd Thursday. Meetings start at 6:30pm. Refreshments are served.
- Where: Sadkin Community Center, 1176 NW 42nd Way, Lauderhill, FL 33313.
- Cost: FREE to members; members are appointed by the Lauderhill City Commission.
NON-RESIDENT students in 6th-12th grades are cordially encouraged to attend **FREE** ‘Teen Leadership Training’ at the Sadkin Community Center every Thursday night at 6:30pm. Call Sam Monroe, IGNITE Empowerment, at 954-254-3953 or Daphne Dyer at 954-321-2454. Community service hours towards High School graduation requirements are given for regular meeting and program participation.
What’s in it for you?
- Assist in local decision making.
- Learn “real-world” experiences with elected officials.
- Learn the roles of councils, boards and committees.
What’s in it for us?
- Learn the needs of our community’s youth.
- Mentoring future Lauderhill community leaders.
- Increased volunteerism for the nation as a whole.
Program Information & Requirements
- Youth Council applicants must be Lauderhill Residents
- Completed Board Appointment/Re-Appointment Application
- Completed Parental Permission, Medical and Liability Waiver form
- Proof of school attendance (School ID, Home school Enrollment Letter, Etc.)
- Most recent report card or Pinnacle print out
Join the Lauderhill Teen Leadership Program
All Broward County students in 6th-12th grades are cordially encouraged to attend FREE 'Teen Leadership Training' at the Sadkin Community Center every Thursday night at 6:30pm. Activities include:
- Practice public speaking, learn proper etiquette and develop face-to-face positive and professional social confidence
- "Table Time Talk" - Discuss the latest current events and hot social trends in an informal setting over snacks with your peers
- Meet professionals from all types of industries and career fields
- Junior Achievement® financial literacy sessions
- Create fundraising events and participate in positive causes for the community
- Awesome trips like special teen conferences, community volunteer events, college tours, Miami Heat games, Universal Studios and more!!
- Community service hours towards High School graduation requirements are given for regular meeting and program participation.
Call Sam Monroe from IGNITE Empowerment at 954-254-3953 or Daphne Dyer at 954-321-2454.