If you are seeking medical attention due to being symptomatic, having traveled to one of the countries listed by the CDC on their advisory, or have been in close contact with someone who has traveled to one of these countries in the last 14 days, call the Broward County Hotline at 954-357-9500, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., 7 days a week.

For any other questions related to COVID-19 in Florida, visit or please contact the state’s dedicated COVID-19 Call Center by calling (866) 779-6121. The Call Center is available 24 hours per day. Inquiries may also be emailed to

View Lauderhill COVID-19 information and other helpful resources at

Other Special Event Considerations

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Property Owner Authorization

If the applicant is holding the event or a portion of the event on property that is not his/her own, as indicated by the Broward County Property Appraiser, a letter of authorization from the owner must be included giving the property owner’s permission to use the property for the event.

If signs advertising the event are placed on property that is not the applicant’s property, then a letter of authorization from the owner must be included with the application. All signage regardless of location and permission is subject to code.


Businesses wishing to do special events on their premises for promotional purposes such as Grand Openings or Sales Exhibits do not have to file a Special Event Permit application. They must apply for a Promotional License from the Occupational License division in the Finance Department. See code Section 12-53 (129).

Alcoholic Beverages

The City prohibits alcohol in its park unless sponsored by the City. If alcoholic beverages are being sold or served, the applicant is fully responsible for attaining a permit form the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco Division. This permit must be completed and submitted to the SEA no later than 60 days prior to the event. No glass bottles will be permitted at any Special Event.

If the event is on City property, the applicant must also supply the City with proof of insurance that will name the City as an additional insured for the event in the amount of $1,000,000 of liability.

The applicant shall provide a certificate of insurance satisfactory to the city office of the risk manager, such insurance to be comprehensive general liability insurance in a minimum amount of one million dollars ($1,000,000.00) combined single limit coverage, naming the city as an additional insured if the event is on city property. If alcoholic beverages are to be dispensed, served, sold or distributed at the outdoor event, the applicant shall also provide liquor liability insurance in a minimum amount of five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000.00). The applicant shall also agree to indemnify, hold harmless and release the city for any damage to person or property which might occur during or as a result of the operation of the special event. A state approved alcoholic beverage license shall also be filed at least 60 days before the first day of the event.

The indemnification clause should include the following language: To the extent permitted by law, the third party shall indemnify, defend, save, and hold harmless, the insured and all its officers, employees and volunteers from all suits, actions, claims, demands, liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of, because of, or due to breach of the agreement by the third party or its subcontractors, agents or employees or due to any negligent act, or occurrence of omission or commission of the third party, its subcontractors, agents or employees. Neither the insured nor any of its officers, employees or volunteers will be liable under this section for damages arising out of injury or damage to persons or property directly caused or resulting from the sole negligence of the third party or any of its officers, employees, or subcontractors. The parties agree that this clause shall not waive the benefits or provisions of Section 768.28 P. S. or any similar provision of law.

Food and Beverages

If food and beverages are going to be served, they must be from a source approved by the State of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation Division of Hotels and Restaurants. To attain sanitation and safety guidelines please contact the State of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Division of Hotel and Restaurants, and ask for the Special Events Inspector for more information. It is entirely up to the applicant to be in compliance with the State regulations. Again, no glass bottles will be permitted at any Special Event.

Denial or Revocation

The application for a permit may be denied or revoked for any reason including but not limited to:

  1. The application is not complete in all material respects and all information contained therein accurate within the knowledge of the Special Event Team within specified time frame.
  2. All of the conditions set forth in the requirements imposed by the City, if any, have not been or will not be met.
  3. The special event will interfere with or unduly burden the City’s provision of municipal services to the community including but not limited to police, fire and emergency medical protection, water and sanitary, sewer service, and solid waste removal.
  4. The public benefit provided by the event has not been demonstrated.
  5. The health or safety of the public is threatened by an emergency, disorder or other unforeseen condition that has risen.
  6. The applicant has not demonstrated the ability to execute the special event.
  7. The events historical experience has proven unsuccessful.
  8. The pre-payment for City staff has not been paid.
  9. The City deems the event a nuisance and contrary to the health and safety of the public.
  10. If an approved certificate of insurance is not provided to the City of Lauderhill.
  11. If the applicant has not been in business or incorporation for at least 13 months.
  12. If the applicant who submitted the application is not the same applicant who executes the event.