Slow Roll and Ride a Bike with a Lauderhill Cop is a slow paced community bicycle ride that meets routinely in different parts of Lauderhill. The program began in November 2016. It is a chance to ride along with the City's police officers in a safe and friendly environment throughout our great neighborhoods. There are a national network of similar community rides in cities like Detroit, Cleveland, and Buffalo, as well as some international cities. We meet at different venues throughout the City for each Slow Roll and take a unique route throughout the city, including all the major and minor neighborhoods that we are so proud of.
Slow Roll is for everyone; all ages, all skill levels and every type of bike is welcome. Our slow pace keeps the group safe and gives riders a unique perspective of our great city and its neighborhoods.
The positive energy and community driven atmosphere is what keeps people coming back and sharing the Slow Roll experience with their friends and family! We hope you can join us!
- Registration begins at 9:00am and roll out is at 10:00am. Please refer to our City Event Calendar for most current information regarding event dates and timing.
- Hydration stations will be available.
- The rides are FREE and open to the public.
- Children under 18 are required to wear a helmet. We will have helmets available for children who need one.
- All participants must complete a waiver prior to participating.
- Participants need to bring their own bicycle.
- We will be giving away at least one bike at the events thanks to a generous donation from the community.
- For more information, please call 954-730-3080.
- Slow Roll Waiver & Sign-up Form
- The waiver will also be available on-site at each event.
- Participants (or their parent/legal guardian if a minor) must present a completed waiver and their driver's license or other official government photo document (i.e. Passport) to participate.
- A parent or legal guardian will be required to complete a waiver for any children 17 years of age and under.