Testing Sites and Information
NOTE: These sites and information may change frequently. Please contact the individual locations and providers for most current information.
There are many testing sites available throughout Broward County. Please visit the Broward County Coronavirus Testing page for details and further information.
For a full list of State-Supported Testing Sites in Florida, by County, please visit the State of Florida Division of Emergency Management Testing page.
COVID-19 Testing Location in Lauderhill
Starting July 6, 2020, the Lauderhill Sports Park will be a testing location provided by the Florida Department of Emergency Management. This is a walk-up location and no prescription for testing is necessary. The hours of operation are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, every day of the week from July 6 until July 26. Residents will walk up to register. After registering, they will go back to their vehicles until they receive a text message on when to return to be tested.
Urban League of Broward County (Walk-Up)
560 NW 27th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale
9AM - 6 PM (Tuesday - Saturday)
Walk-up testing begins on Saturday, April 18th. Mobile drive-thru testing is not permitted at this site. Appointments are preferred. People experiencing symptoms of COVD-19 should call 954-412-7300 for an appointment. Please be sure to wear a face covering when arriving for testing. Site is operated by the Florida Department of Health in Broward County and the Urban League of Broward County.
More information available here.
CB Smith Park COVID-19 Test Collection Site
NEW TELEPHONIC PRE-REGISTRATION TO HELP EXPEDITE TESTING PROCEDURES AT PEMBROKE PINES CB SMITH PARK COVID-19 TEST COLLECTION SITE
(Pembroke Pines) – A new telephonic pre-registration process has been established to reduce wait time at the CB Smith Park COVID-19 Drive-Thru Test Collection site. People will be able to complete the crucial criteria screening and provide demographical information ahead of time, which is required in order to get tested at the park.
COVID-19 TEST COLLECTION SITE RESERVATION LINE: 954-276-4680
CALL CENTER HOURS FOR REGISTRATION:
The Call Center phone line will open starting Monday, March 23, 2020 from 1pm to 5:30pm; and then daily starting Tuesday March 24, 2020 (7-days a week) from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Everyone who calls to register – and meets the criteria for testing – will be provided a confirmation number, and a pre-packet will be waiting at the park for them.
- If multiple individuals are coming in one car, each individual must be pre-registered.
- Must bring identification.
- Every person who wants to be tested at this site must be pre-registered. The pre-registration process will optimize capacity and make the entire process as efficient as possible.
WHO SHOULD CALL TO REGISTER: Anyone meeting the following criteria.
- First responders: (essential personnel) police, fire-rescue and hospital workers who are symptomatic.
- 65 years or older with chronic conditions and symptomatic.
- Individuals who meet the testing criteria: symptomatic, have travelled international by cruise or air or from an affected geographical area.
- Immune compromised and symptomatic.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE SITE:
- People must have their ID ready to show upon arrival. The registrant’s name will be verified with the pre-packet.
- Once registrant is verified, the Florida National Guard will provide additional direction.
- There is no medical treatment available at the site. It’s strictly for test collection.
- Please note that if you are asymptomatic, or just feeling mild flu-like symptoms and are not in a high-risk category, do not to come to the testing site. Stay home, self-isolate, and rest. You may also consult with your physician or use telehealth to consult a doctor about your symptoms or go to your nearest emergency room if you are in severe distress.
OBTAINING TEST RESULTS:
- Memorial Healthcare System clinical teams will notify all registrants of positive and negative results by phone.
- Registrants who provided an e-mail address during registration will receive links to register to Memorial My Chart or to Quest Laboratory to received results electronically.
The establishment of the drive-thru operation is part of Governor Ron DeSantis initiative to extend COVID-19 testing in Florida. The CB Smith Park testing operation is a multiagency effort and includes support from: Broward County Parks and Recreation, Broward Emergency Management, Broward Sheriff’s Office, Florida Department of Transportation, Florida Division of Emergency Management, Florida Department of Health, Florida Highway Patrol, Florida National Guard, Memorial Healthcare System, Pembroke Pines Police Department, Pembroke Pines Fire Rescue and Quest Diagnostics.
Broward Health Medical Center
- Confirmed as a testing site on March 19, 2020. By appointment only. Please call 954-320-5730.
In-Home Testing for Vulnerable Populations
COVID-19 In-Home Testing is available for residents and individuals who cannot leave their homes to access one of the drive-up or walk-up specimen collection sites. Call 954-412-7300 for an appointment Monday through Friday. Specimen collection done by Paramedis and Emergency Medical Technicians in coordination with Florida Department of Health and Broward County.
Effective April 15th, MD Now Urgent Care has closed select locations. Download a list of locations and their new hours of operation. I will continue to update you if we change our hours, expand hours or close our centers.
MD Now Urgent Care has started testing for COVID-19 at designated locations for those who are experiencing mild symptoms. You must call ahead to see if you can be tested and to make an appointment. For more information, please visit our website at: https://www.mymdnow.com/covid-19/
Please go to the Med Express website
for more information on their testing availability and locations.