WELCOME to the City of Lauderhill. Our city is located in Central Broward County, less than one mile west of the City of Fort Lauderdale. Your business location is just a short ride from air transport facilities located at the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, as well as, the shipping facilities of Port Everglades, the deepest seaport south of Norfolk, Virginia. In addition to Federal post offices located nearby, a substantial UPS shipping and distribution facility is also located in Lauderhill. If your business requires easy access to the major Florida highways, the Florida Turnpike, Interstates 75, 95 and 595 and the Sawgrass Expressway all are within close proximity to our city. Lauderhill is the perfect location for all business purposes!
The City of Lauderhill’s Economic Development Division is here to help your business become established, grow and succeed in today’s competitive economy. So, whether you’re expanding, relocating or just starting up, we’re here to provide technical and financial assistance to your business. Through our professional staff and the ability to leverage resources, we are confident that our Economic Development Division will add value to your project.
How we help:
• Gather research and information you need to make smart business decisions.
• Lead a real estate search and locate the site or building that meets your company’s needs (industrial, office or commercial properties).
• Our inspection team (consisting of the Building Department, Fire Department, Planning & Zoning and Code Enforcement) will conduct a courtesy inspection to advise you on items that will need to be addressed before opening your business.
• Evaluate zoning, allowed uses and permitting to ensure the simplest process for your development project.
• Coordinate with the various departments within the city to streamline and expedite the business license and building permit process.
• Identify area suppliers, including connecting you with existing businesses to source products or services locally.
• Find and apply for relevant financial incentives, including but not limited job creation incentives, tax credits/refunds and business loans.
• Connect you with workforce development resources, including job training programs that prepare your workers before you even open your doors.
• Identify and coordinate available technical assistance programs
• Connect you with entrepreneurial development programs and opportunities for professional growth.
• Assist you with sustainable development, including low-interest loans for energy efficient appliances/equipment for residents and businesses and free energy efficiency assessments (offered by the Lauderhill Regional Chamber of Commerce).
We are here to help build and grow your business in Lauderhill. Consider us your project management team. We’ll be there every step of the way from site selection to the ribbon cutting. Even after you are open, we’ll provide services to help you to continue to grow.
Contact us with your specific needs and questions. Let’s get started today.