The City of Lauderhill is a great place to live, play, and most of all work! Here are just a few reasons why:
- There are more than 250 performances & events per year at the Lauderhill Performing Arts Center (LPAC), a 1,100 seat Proscenium theater that attracts more than 100,000 visitors annually.
- Lauderhill is home to the only International Cricket Council (ICC) certified stadium in North America - Cricket Capital of the USA.
- Our Central Broward Regional Sports Park attracts more than 500,000 visitors annually, making the city a destination for sporting events.
- Residents and visitors can enjoy a relaxing stroll through one of our 24 luscious parks, or visit the City's Historical Museum and see the original site of City Hall.
- With over 5,000 registered businesses and more than 364,000 residents within a 15 minute drive, Lauderhill proves to be a great place to experience community, culture, and commerce.
- Population: 70,963
- Median Age: 36
- Racial Breakdown:
- Black - 78%
- White - 19%
- Asian - 2%
- Other - 1%
- Educational Attainment:
- High school Diploma - 82.2%
- Some College, Associates - 30.3%
- Bachelor's, or greater - 18.5%
- Median Household Income:
- Owner-Occupied Units H.H. Income - $48,295
- Renter-Occupied Units H.H Income - $30,059
- Owner Unit Occupancy: 51.1%
- Unemployment: 8.2% (Unemployment has not increased since 2010)
Need additional information? Our Economic Development team is on the case, contact us today at Ecodev@lauderhill-fl.gov.
Learn About Lauderhill's CRA!
Our Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) is a prominent figure in our community and serves to strengthen economic growth through redevelopment and community outreach. You can view the South Eastern CRA's redevelopment plan below.
For more information on our Community Redevelopment Agency and the programs available, visit our Community Redevelopment Agency page, or contact Ecodev@lauderhill-fl.gov