Engineering permits are needed when work is:
- In right-of-way
- In City easement
- Sidewalk Repair
- Irrigation/Upgrade Water Meter
Lot coverage forms must be completed when:
- Extending driveway
- Pouring slab
Follow these steps to obtain an Engineering Permit:
- Prior to applying for a permit, send an email to Shelley Morton (email@example.com) or Danyl Noel (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get the Folio number and address to use if needed. Please note that you cannot apply for a permit without the folio number.
- The City will also provide a utility atlas map that will need to be incorporated within the drawings submitted.
- Permit application MUST be dropped off in person at the City of Lauderhill. There is no online process at this time. You will be given a reference number.
- Three set of drawings are require.
- The contractor who is doing the work needs to sign and notarized the permit application. They MUST be registered with the City of Lauderhill and also provide their Certificate Of Insurance showing the liability insuranc carried.
- Any major work, like directional bore and /or placing of new fiber, needs to have a Signed and Sealed stamp (City Engineer to determine if unsure).
- If work is being perform on a State Road or County Road, we must include the FDOT and respectable County permit. If not received at the time, The City of Lauderhill will accept the application as proof that the permits have been applied for.
- Permittee will need to maintain a 3’ horizontal clearance from all utilities in the area and 2’ vertical clearance.
- Restoration is done per the City of Lauderhill Engineering standards. The manual and AutoCad drawings can be purchased through the City Clerk’s Office for a fee of $50. Clerk can be reached by calling 954-730-3011 or email at JKhavandegaran@lauderhill-fl.gov.
- If required, a Pre-construction meeting with the City of Lauderhill needs to include the General Contractor and the construction manager assigned to that job.
Permit Application document can be downloaded from here: CLICK FOR PDF
Once your project is complete, you will need several documents to close it out. A Utility Acceptance Package has been created to assist you with this requirements. CLICK FOR PDF
Engineering Standards are available for purchase. The cost is $50 which includes the manual and AutoCAD details. Please contact the Engineering Division at (954) 730-3055 for additional information.