Annual income cannot exceed the amounts determined by HUD.
- Child support is included in the income calculation.
- Third-Party Verifications are required. For applicants with employers that participate in The Work Number, please call the Grants Division for verification instructions.
- All household members income must be included in the income determination.
New and existing units: single-family, villa, townhome, or condominium located within Lauderhill city limits.
- Housing value cannot exceed the following for the Broward County Median Purchase Price, eff. April 2019:
- SHIP – 90% average area purchase price, or $320,855 (new and existing units)
- HOME – 95% average area purchase price, or $266,000 (existing units) and $287,000 (new units)
- Properties with unpermitted structures, unsatisfactory title searches, and multiple mortgages will be deemed ineligible.
- Applicants of the owner-occupied rehabilitation program must resided in the property and occupy as the primary resident for at least one year from the date of application submittal.
Purchase price limits are subject to change on an annual basis.
The applicant’s household cannot own or have assets exceeding $25,000. Monetary gifts and real estates are included in the asset calculation, but qualified retirement accounts are not.
- This includes assets located in foreign countries.
- Explanations of deposits are required for all deposits made for $100 and greater.