November 3, 2020 General Election Open Seats
- Seat #1 Commissioner (4 year term)
- Seat #2 Commissioner (4 year term)
- Seat #3 Commissioner (4 year term)
Qualifying Period: Noon, June 8 to Noon, June 12, 2020
Note: Qualifying papers may be accepted 14 days prior to the beginning of the qualifying period (May 25, 2020), but will be processed during the qualifying period.
Documents Required to Qualify for Commissioner are listed:
- Form DS-DE 9 Appointment of Campaign Treasurer (may already be on file)
- Form DS-DE 84 Statement of Candidate (may already be on file)
- Form DS-DE 25 Candidate Loyalty Oath Nonpartisan Office
- Form for Residency Requirement of Candidates Affidavit
- Form 1 Financial Disclosure Statement
- Form Notice of Logic and Accuracy Test
- Form for Affidavit for Nickname on Ballot (if applicable)
- Form for Affidavit of Financial Hardship
Make check payable to the City of Lauderhill by a properly executed check drawn on a campaign account signed by duly appointed Treasurer or Deputy Treasurer for the appropriate filing fee which includes the 1% State of Florida Assessment and City of Lauderhill filing fee.
- 1% State Assessment fee for Commissioner is $451.17
City of Lauderhill filing fee for Commissioner is $250.00
Total fees due at qualifying is: $701.17
Any person seeking to qualify for election to a municipal office and is unable to pay the State Assessment without imposing an undue burden on personal resources or on resources otherwise available, an Affidavit of Financial Hardship Form given under oath may be filed with filing officer, which will exempt candidate from paying fee.
There is no exemption provided in the Code of Ordinances to waive the City of Lauderhill filing fee.