Just Don't, You Will Get Caught! - June 28, 2020
- In the days following May 13th, 2020, Special Projects Unit (SPU) detectives verified a marijuana plant grow operation, which led to issuance of a search warrant at its location. When the detectives executed the search warrant on May 20th, five subjects jumped from the 5th floor balcony onto neighboring balconies below upon the police officers’ arrival. Several of those who fled were captured, and eight additional suspects were detained inside the apartment, plus the apartment leaseholder, who was stopped in a vehicle prior to the search. Detectives located approximately 15 lbs. of illegal cannabis, 28 grams of oxycodone, two handguns, two rifles, ammunition, and approximately $10,000 cash. They also dismantled a cannabis grow house in a small closet. As a result of investigation, SPU detectives arrested the following people:
- Alwyn Sealy (01/08/1982) – Possession of firearm by convicted felon, possession of ammunition by convicted felon, possession of cannabis with intent to sell, man, deliver, trafficking in oxycodone.
- Fitroy Browne (08/21/1991) – Possession of cannabis with intent to sell, man, deliver.
- Loudia Osias (08/15/1988) – Possession of cannabis with intent to sell, man, deliver.
- On May 21st, Detectives Daley and Walker responded to a call about two people reportedly fighting with machetes. One of these individuals was transported to Broward Hospital. Through investigation, our detective determined Probable Cause for Aggravated Battery and Aggravated Assault for Keith Edwards (DOB 7/17/1966). He was arrested for these charges.
- On Monday, May 25th, the Lauderhill Police Department’s (LPD) Alpha 1 Squad was dispatched to an in-progress burglary. The caller notified police there were multiple subjects who were trying to break into her vehicle. Shortly after, units arrived to the scene, set a perimeter, and contacted the victim. She provided video surveillance that showed four subjects attempting burglary of her vehicle. One suspect could be seen crouching by the vehicle, pulling the door handles. The other three suspects acted as lookouts throughout the video.
- Quickly and with the assistance of Broward Sheriff’s Office Aviation, LPD officers detained the four subjects seen in the victim's video. They were detained in multiple residential backyards within the perimeter and in close proximity to the incident location. The four subjects were detained without incident.
- Romauni Berkett (BM, DOB: 04-27-2004)
- Giovanni Philogene (BM, DOB: 01-09-2003)
- Tyrek Smith (BM, DOB: 11-04-2003)
- Raymond Hatten (BM, DOB: 09-14-2003)
Despite of the lack of cooperation from the four suspects, our detective was able to develop probable cause based on the evidence gathered from the victim's video demonstrating their attempt to break into the victim’s vehicle.
- On May 25th, patrol responded to an aggravated battery. Lauderhill Fire Rescue transported the female victim to Broward General Hospital, where she was found to have multiple broken bones. Since no other witnesses were located, Lauderhill investigators waited until the victim was awake and able to answer questions. The suspect is the victim’s boyfriend, Jolbert Brown. A Lauderhill detective obtained an arrest warrant for Aggravated Battery for Brown on May 26th and he was apprehended five days later.