Highlights from the Lauderhill Police Department - April 2, 2020
- In February, one of our Special Projects Unit detectives was given a tip that Freddie Jordan (DOB 10/22/1977) was selling “Flakka,” or A-PVP. Working undercover, the detective made two purchases of Flakka from Jordan, which served as evidence for arrest and search warrants. The search revealed:
- 4.6g cocaine
- 27g cannabis
- 22.4g unidentified substance
- 5.4g another unidentified substance
- 1 firearm
Jordan, a 4-time convicted felon, has been charged with Possession of a firearm by convicted felon, Possession of ammunition by convicted felon, Delivery of A-PVP (2 counts), Possession of cocaine, and Possession of cannabis.
- Last month, SPU received two anonymous tips on a marijuana grow operation within the City. Broward Sherriff’s Office (BSO) helped SPU with aerial surveillance, which confirmed marijuana plants at the location. With a search warrant, SPU detained Anthony Coates, who was previously convicted for drug-trafficking, and Joseph Lewis. Detectives found:
- 2 firearms
- approximately 70 lbs. marijuana
- 22.2g MDMA
- 1.3g cocaine
There was also sufficient evidence of a marijuana grow operation. The two men were charged with Trafficking Cannabis, and Coates was additionally charged with Trafficking MDMA, Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon, and Possession of Cocaine.