Highlights of Lauderhill Police Enforcement Activity - February 20, 2020
Just Don’t – You Will Be Caught!
- Lauderhill Police Department’s Criminal Investigations Division (CID) investigator of Fraud and Financial Crimes closed his yearlong investigation of Michal Descolline and Ralphy Joseph. The two were charged with federal crimes for fraudulently obtaining over $1,000,000 in a fraud ring that originated out of Miami-Dade County.
- Travis Smith, Reginald Williams, Matthew Cooper, and Maureen Garvey were arrested and indicted for identity theft. One of them, who worked at American Express, passed AmEx customers’ information on to the rest of the group. They claimed more than $100,000 from returning merchandise of fraudulent orders from Tire Kingdom stores throughout Broward and Miami-Dade counties.
- During December 2019, the Lauderhill Special Projects Unit (SPU) received a complaint at 1850 NW 42nd Terrace. Information received alleged a high volume of foot traffic on the second floor. After three undercover purchases, detectives identified unit 203 as the source of narcotic activity. On January 28, 2020, SPU and Broward Sheriff’s Office SWAT units executed a search warrant there. Prior to entry, three suspects jumped from the second-story balcony and dove into a nearby canal trying to evade capture. Officers captured them in the water, plus a fourth who was detained inside the apartment. A search of the apartment resulted in the seizure of the following items:
- 8.1 lbs. cannabis
- 5 firearms (1 stolen)
- 2 ballistic vests
- Multiple rounds of ammunition
- $1,650.00 currency
- On January 24th, 2020, Lauderhill enjoyed a crime-free day! Congratulations!
Think again before committing a crime in the City of Lauderhill... just don't! You will be caught!