Chief's Message - December 19, 2019
‘Tis the season to be jolly! The saying never gets old, especially for those of us who consider this the greatest time of the year.
On behalf of the Lauderhill Police Department, we wish you all a Happy Holiday Season. To make sure that you and your loved ones stay jolly and joyful throughout this holiday season, remember to practice holiday safety. We recommend the following tips:
- When shopping, park in well-lit parking lots and lock your doors.
- Invite others to go shopping. Use the buddy system.
- Place your packages and valuables in the trunk of your car or out of view.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- After wrapping and opening your gifts, remember to break down boxes and place in dark plastic bags or inside garbage receptacles.
- Consider investing in a burglar deterrent device such as camera(s) or alarm system. Many of the new security systems come equipped with an app that sends alerts to your phone and records the intruder’s activities.
- You can also consider starting a neighborhood watch this coming year. Perhaps other neighbors have monitoring devices and you might be able to share neighborhood activities on-line like suspicious vehicles, persons, or activities to report to the police.
As usual I encourage you to report suspicious persons, vehicles, packages or activities. If something looks like it is out of place or makes you feel uncomfortable, immediately report it to the police. “If you See Something Say Something”.
Check out the City’s website and social media platforms for dates and times of special community policing events.
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Lauderhill Police Department is looking for qualified members of our community to become a police officer. If you have the courage and the commitment to serve, then we want you to join our team! You can find information on the hiring process by going to the City website and click on the "Become a Police Officer" at the top of the page.