Highlights of Lauderhill Police Enforcement Activity - December 19, 2019
Return to full list >>
- After an extensive investigation stemming from an initial warrant executed in July 2019 at the Cypress Grove Apartment complex located at 1891 NW 42 Terrace, members of SPU with the assistance from BSO SWAT served another warrant at the same location in Apartment #G111. Four subjects including Feliciano Thompson (10/23/1997) wanted by SPUs for distributing cocaine and also by ICE for overstaying his U.S. Visa were taken into custody. During the search, detectives recovered the following contraband:
- 35.2 grams heroin
- 34.1 grams crystal methamphetamine
- 16.4 grams cocaine
- 29.2 grams oxycodone
- 9.9 grams MDMA
- 1326.9 grams cannabis
- $1812.00 US currency
- 0.38 caliber pistol
- 19mm pistol
- On November 30, 2019, members of our Patrol Division, Alpha 2 squad, responded to a condominium complex in the northwest portion of the city. Three subjects were contacted and identified as perpetrators of several burglaries in the area.Investigation demonstrated that the subjects had been checking vehicle doors in the condominium complex. When they located a vehicle with unlocked doors, they would enter the vehicle and steal what they could. The subjects were found in possession of several credit cards, two Florida Driver Licenses and social security cards, which were taken during their crime spree. Officers were able to make an arrest and return property to its rightful owners.
- On December 4, 2019, Patrol Officer Harris was responding to a dispatch call of a male brandishing a firearm. Officer Harris was able to locate the subject and safely take him into custody, taking the subject and firearm off the street. Thus, stopping any danger to the public.
- On December 4, 2019, Officer Borkowski observed a vehicle that was driven the wrong way on the street and the driver committed several other traffic violations. He conducted a traffic stop, with the assistance from members of our Patrol Alpha 2 squad. As officers continued to investigate, Officer Borkowski uncovered 9.5 grams of crack cocaine and 3.8 grams of heroin in the vehicle. The driver was arrested.
- On December 5, 2019, Sergeant Gonzalez conducted traffic stop. During his investigation, he was able to locate cocaine, marijuana, and drug paraphernalia in the vehicle. Two subjects were arrested and taken into custody.
- On December 6, 2019, Officer Mateo responded to a call of a residential burglary. With the assistance from members of the Alpha 1 squad, it was determined that a female juvenile removed a window screen, opened an unlocked window and removed property from within the residence. Through investigation, Officer Mateo was able to locate the juvenile and take her into custody and return the property to its rightful owner.
- Patrol Officer Williams was dispatched to a report of a stolen vehicle that just occurred. As dispatch was providing information to officers, Officer Veasley was patrolling the area and observed the vehicle attempting to leave. With the assistance from members of the Alpha 1 squad, officers were able to safely stop the vehicle and take the subject into custody, returning the vehicle to its rightful owner.
Think again before committing a crime in the City of Lauderhill... just don't! You will be caught!