Share the Road Campaign
The Lauderhill Police Department joins Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) in support of spreading the life-saving safety message 'Share the Road' campaign.
Please join us in spreading the word, and remember to follow these rules;
• Share the road with motorcyclists, bicyclists, and commercial motor
• Motorcyclists and bicyclists are vulnerable road users!
• Motorcyclists are entitled to an entire lane. Never attempt to share a lane with a motorcycle!
• It is difficult to gauge the speed of a motorcycle; they may appear to be much farther away than they really are. Look twice.
• When making a turn, remember to yield to any bicyclist in the bike lane. Make your turn behind the bicyclists once they have passed you.
• Stay out of commercial vehicles “No Zone” or blind spots! If you drive in a “No Zone,” the commercial vehicle driver will not be able to see you.
Make sure you drive safely and cautiously to ensure that everyone arrives to and from their destination alive! #ShareTheRoadFL #ArriveAliveFL